top of page
Metis Recruit Logo No Text

All-round international Field Service Engineer

Contract Type

Job Updated

Full Time

Wednesday 24 January 2024 at 12:00:00 UTC

Job Location


Job Details

Conducting technical inspections, preventive and corrective maintenance, and troubleshooting in the mechanical and electrical domains (ratio: 70/30%) are key aspects of your responsibilities. Your main focus is on replacing components and initiating the startup of machine lines within the Graphic industry.

On a daily basis, you travel to customers for challenging projects, primarily within Europe, with a focus on Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and extending to the United States and beyond. Providing customers with advice on their graphic machine lines and spare parts is an integral part of your role.

Utilizing specially developed software and an analysis program, you monitor all processes at the customer's site and identify faults. Moreover, you can address many issues remotely. Approximately 70% of your work involves planned maintenance, while the remaining 30% encompasses emergency repairs, troubleshooting, or other unforeseen tasks. Your prompt response is crucial in traveling to customers to restore machine lines promptly.

During peak periods, particularly the holiday season, flawless functionality is imperative. The busiest months, spanning January, February, and May to August, require Field Service Engineers to ensure that graphic printing lines are in optimal condition for printing.


You possess a strong drive to acquire new skills and thrive in a dynamic work environment where each day brings unique challenges. This role requires a background in both mechanical and electrical work, and your technical expertise is crucial. Your enthusiasm for travel and adaptability to various locations across Europe and the United States make you an ideal fit for our clients team.

To be part of this team, a solid command of the English language is essential, and knowledge of the German language is advantageous but not obligatory. The following qualifications are required:

  • Work experience in a similar field, coupled with a history of work-related travel.

  • Completed education in mechatronics.

  • Possession of a valid driving license (B).

  • Proficiency in control systems.

  • Fluent in spoken and written English.

  • Knowledge of the German language is a bonus, though not mandatory.

  • Readiness to travel, involving an average of 2 weeks at customer sites followed by 1 weekend at home. Assignments at clients typically last 2 to 4 days, with frequent intervals spent at home.

  • Strong mechanical expertise and proficiency in electrical switching.

  • Proficient in troubleshooting and overseeing machine processes.

Contact for more information on this exciting opportunity.

Please note that candidates must have the right to live and work in the EU to be eligible to apply!

bottom of page